Wednesday 24 April 2013

Cordial

One of my favorite series was, and will always be, the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. One of the best parts of these books was reading about the feasts. The happy inhabitants of Redwall ate bread, cheese, salads, soups, trifles, cakes, cream, and pudding. They would drink wine, ale, fizz (kind of like soda) and cordial. I love to cook, and so does my friend. We managed to imitate some of the food and drink. So far, my favorite drink has been cordial.

You will need:
Juice (you can use any kind of berry juice (should be sold), or you could use apple juice)

(I recommend strawberry juice - buy it, I don't recommend juicing your own strawberries. Speaking from experience XP)
Honey

Pour however much juice you want to turn into cordial into a large container that can be sealed well. Add about 2 tablespoons of honey for every cup of juice you add. Seal the container, and shake very well.

You may have read somewhere that cordial has alcohol in it, but this version of cordial is for everyone!



Pictures belong to their owners. Pics taken from Google.


~vms915, signing off!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! :D That sounds good! ^.^
    We have elderflower cordial and lime cordial on special occasions ^.^ I'm not sure if they're the same sort of thing though, as you put it a teaspoonful of cordial and then fill the rest with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!


      My friend and I kind of invented this recipe based off of something I read in the books, so it's probably not accurate, but it still tastes good!

      Delete

Hello! Please follow these simple commenting rules:
1. No swearing.
2. Nothing inappropriate. Remember that this blog is for all ages! :)
3. Please leave your opinion and be honest, but respect other opinions and don't be rude!
4. Keep commenting!!!
Thanks! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...