Monday 15 April 2013

Homemade Whipped Cream

Hi! My name is vms915, and I am a new author on this blog! It feels really fitting, since I love to bake and cook. To sum myself up in one sentence: I am 12, I like cats and potatoes, and I fold origami. Good enough, I hope.


For the first recipe I will share, I'd thought I'd share homemade whipped cream. Sure, the stuff in a can is great, but believe me, it tastes so much better homemade.


You need however much heavy whipping cream you wish to turn into the final product. Usually, a good, regular carton of cream, or about two cups, is sufficient to, say, cover a cake or top a couple of scoops of ice cream.

You don't need organic, however, unless you prefer is.


You will also need some powdered sugar. If you use two cups of cream, you will need a few tablespoons of powdered sugar. The amount can really depend on your taster preference.


Pour the cream into a large or small bowl, depending on the amount of cream used. Using beaters, or, if necessary, a whisk, begin to beat the cream. Add the sugar. Continue beating cream and sugar until soft peaks form. You can use your finger to taste the whipped cream, and add more sugar if necessary.


Once the remaining sugar has been beaten in, you are ready to enjoy your homemade whipped cream!


You can put it on cake, ice cream, fruit, or just eat it plain!


You can put it on a chocolate cheesecake, which is a good contrast (speaking from experience).
                                  (I actually took this picture of a cheesecake I made with my friend)


All of the pictures (except for the last one) come from Google Images, and credit goes to the original owners.


~vms915, signing off!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh nice! ^.^
    We've had serious trouble with whipped cream before... X3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :D
    We'll definitely do that next time we make banoffee pie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kinyonga

    Yep...whipped cream's tricky. ^.^

    @SilverDawn
    What's banoffee pie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's biscuit on the base, and then toffee and bananas on top of the biscuit, and then whipped cream on top. :) I'll post a recipe of it soon, unless Kinyonga wants to? :)

      Delete

Hello! Please follow these simple commenting rules:
1. No swearing.
2. Nothing inappropriate. Remember that this blog is for all ages! :)
3. Please leave your opinion and be honest, but respect other opinions and don't be rude!
4. Keep commenting!!!
Thanks! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...